All those who have a night combo unlimited plan for BSNL or some other operator, you would definitely find this post useful.
First of all you need to make a script to connect and disconnect the connection using command line.
- Open up notepad, type the following into it.
1 rasdial <"your-connection-name"> <broadband-username> <broadband-password>
- Now save this file as “connectBB.bat” or choose whatsoever name you like.
Now to write a script to disconnect your connection, we need a disconnect script too,
- Fire up notepad once again, this time write the following:
1 rasdial <"your-connection-name"> /disconnect
- Save it as “disconnectBB.bat”
Try running these using command prompt. Just open up the command prompt, drag n drop “connectBB.bat” into the command window and press enter.
It should fire up the broadband connection.
Now you are all set to autoschedule your connection during the night.
- Place both the scripts in the System32 folder at “C:\Windows\System32”
- Go to Control Panel>System and Security>Administrative Tools>Task Scheduler
- On the right pane, click on Create Task
[highlight]>>>>Under General Tab:[/highlight]
- Name: Connect Broadband
- Check Run with highest privileges
- Configure for Windows 7
[highlight]>>>>Under Triggers Tab:[/highlight]
- Click New
- Begin the task : On a schedule
- Check Enabled
[highlight]>>>>Under Actions tab:[/highlight]
- Browse to the scripts you placed in the system32 folder
- Select “connectBB.bat” and you should see it there.
[highlight]>>>>Under the conditions tab:[/highlight]
- Check on “Wake up computer to run this task”.
- You may want to tweak here and there a little as per your requirement, but the image shows the best values.
[highlight]>>>>Under the settings tab,[/highlight]
- Set things as in the image below.
- and press OK
Now under Active tasks, you will find your task, just lying there, waiting to run.
Do similarly for the disconnectBB script.
- Set the time you want to disconnect the connection.
- and let all other settings be exactly the same.
Now just switch on your modem, keep your utorrent running on computer and put the system to sleep, put the monitor’s switch off. [highlight]DONT TURN OFF THE CPU :P[/highlight]
Just forget your computer for the night. Your system with intelligently wake up at 2 AM, dead in the night and your torrents will start ferociously eating up the free bandwidth for the time. Isn’t that wicked? 😀
You can even schedule your torrent client to stop downloading itself, even if the you don’t want to disconnect the connection (just don’t do steps with diconnectBB thing). Let me show you how.
- Open utorrent Preferences>Scheduler
- Check enable scheduler, and make the following pattern in Green and White 😉
- That is all!
Now even when the computer is connected the whole day, your downloads will only work from 2AM to 8AM 😀
And yea, now the cherry on the cake,Use port no.s like 36890 or 38990 or 37809 etc. Gives you max seeders and speed. (Personal Experience)